Time Clock / Scorekeeper Job Description
Thank you for volunteering at our annual Chanhassen Basketball Tournament. We are grateful for your dedication to our program. The below is intended to give you an idea of what you can expect during your shift as Time Clock / Scorekeeper
Upon arrival please find and introduce yourself to the facility Site Director or Score General
(Please Arrive15 minutes before your shifts starts at your assigned school)
Plan to meet the Score General in the Gym area 15 minutes before your shifts starts at your corresponding school. This will allow you to ask any questions about managing the clock or scorekeeping before the game starts. This will also ensure that a volunteer is in place should a game start/end early.
As a Time Clock Staff member it is important to be familiar with the basic rules of basketball. Your goal is to keep score and manage the game clock in accordance with tournament rules. Some activities you can expect to be involved with include:
- Starting/stopping the game clock, according to rules
- Tracking points on scoreboard
- Communicating with Refs about foul counts (i.e. bonus), time-outs, time between games, game score, etc.
- Ensuring the gym space is SAFE and utilized by players and coaches ONLY. Particularly in-between games and during timeouts
- Paying very close attention to the game - players, coaches and families are relying on you!
Other important notes for Scorekeeping/Time Clock
- Only 2 people should be at the “score table” YOU and a representative from the Home team
- The Home Team supplies the official bookkeeper and must sit at scorer’s table (the Home Team is the team listed at the top of each bracket in bracket play and the first team listed in pool play)
- NO CELL PHONES while running the scoreboard/time clocks! No exceptions!
- It is very important that you DO NOT LEAVE the court until the next volunteer has arrived
- Time allowing, help the safety/cleaning team sanitize and prepare the court for the next team/game
- If you do not have a replacement in time for the next game start time, contact the Score General or the Site Director ASAP
- Click here, for General tournament rules
- Site Director and Score General Listing, click here
To begin registration and volunteer shift sign up, click here
If you find yourself unable to fulfill your scheduled shift, we ask that you attempt to find a replacement and contact the Volunteer Director, Rachel Gustad at 952.463.7890, as soon as possible. For any other volunteer questions contact us at email@example.com