Winter Community Leagues Tournament Teams
John Miller - Grades 1-3 Developmental Leagues Leader
Bill Kemble - Boys Grades 4-8 Community Leagues Leader
Dave Erickson - Girls Grades 4-8 West Metro Community Leagues Leader
Program Structure & Philosophy
CAA Basketball will sponsor and support Tournament Teams comprised of CAA Community League players. Tournament Teams are formed by parents and players taking the initiative, and forming their own team comprised of CAA Community League players.
CAA Basketball DOES NOT form Tournament Teams, but we do support teams formed by our players and parents, provided these teams adhere to our guidelines outlined below.
Tournament Teams offer players the opportunity to participate in a more competitive environment that does not require the commitment of traveling basketball. Tournament Teams typically play in a limited number of “super-saver” tournaments that do not conflict with the CAA Community League schedule, such as those offered by Minnesota Youth Athletic Services, www.myas.org.
You are free to fill your roster with any CAA Community League players you choose. Tournament Teams are responsible for funding the cost of tournament entry fees and additional jerseys/uniforms. CAA will charge Tournament Teams a nominal fee to cover the cost of any gym space we secure for Tournament Team practices.
NOTE FOR 3rd GRADE TOURNAMENT TEAMS - All players must play in our 3rd Grade Developmental League in order to receive CAA Basketball support for your Tournament Team. We strongly encourage you to begin your Tournament Team season in January, so there are no conflicts with our Developmental League that runs October - December.
Tournament Team Guidelines:
Once you have met with CAA Basketball leaders and agreed to our Tournament Team Guidelines, and formed your team of coaches and players, we will provide the following services:
- First step is to meet with appropriate CAA Basketball Community League leaders to discuss your plans for a Tournament Team, and formally agree to our guidelines for Tournament Teams.
- All players on your Tournament Team must play in our Developmental or Community League program this season.
- As with all CAA Basketball teams, equal playing time is required! We expect you to complete equal playing time sheets prior to each tournament, and submit those to the appropriate CAA Basketball Community League leader following each tournament.
- CAA Community League Basketball games are your first priority. Please do not register for tournaments that conflict with CAA games.
- Refer to your team as a Tournament Team. Tournament Teams are not CAA Traveling Teams
- Avoid tournaments that CAA Traveling Teams are playing in. CAA Traveling Teams tournament list can be found on home page of our web site.
- Play in a maximum of 5 tournaments.
- If you choose to purchase full uniforms for your Tournament Team, please make sure they are distinctly different than those worn by CAA Traveling Teams.
* CAA sponsorship, ensuring adherence to tournament eligibility rules
* Team covered by CAA insurance policy
* Team set up on CAA Basketball web site, for communication and scheduling
* Additional CAA jerseys for purchase, we encourage Tournament Teams to wear these
* Advice on what tournaments to play in
* Reserve gym space for practices - very likely Fridays and Sundays